If you would like to be able to defend your faith in Jesus Christ and have more confidence to talk about the things of God more openly and naturally with others, then you're in the right place.
It begins not merely with some of the latest scientific facts and discoveries, but rather being confident that all the treasures of wisdom, knowledge and truth itself are hid in Christ. Once you are, sharing your faith becomes easier and more natural, and much more comfortable. Col 2:3
Macroevolution (changes in kind) has proven false. "According to their kind" (10 times) in Genesis is true and confirmed. Where do you place ultimate authority—God's Word or man's? Col 2:8
When you see unbelievers as God sees them, how lost and helpless they are, how foolish and empty their silly little arguments really are, your hesitation to share Christ with others will be gone.
A settled confidence that Jesus really is who He claimed to be, God Incarnate; that your Bible really is God's Word as it claims to be; that the Holy Spirit really is the Partner, Helper, and Faithful Guide that Jesus claimed He would be, are the starting blocks. With a good start, running your race is easier.
.Simple Apologetics.. org
A basic fact: There are 5.5 billion people who are wrong and need Christ, and God is making his appeal through you.
- There are 1,600,000,000 Muslims who are wrong and need Christ.
- There are 1,100,000,000 atheists/agnostics who are wrong and need Christ
- There are 1,000,000,000 Hindus who are wrong and need Christ.
- There are 800,000,000 Chinese Traditionals who are wrong and need Christ.
- There are 488,000,000 Buddhists who are wrong and need Christ.
- There are 300,000,000 Primal-Indigenous who are wrong and need Christ.
- There are 120,000,000 African Traditional & Diasporic who are wrong and need Christ.
- There are 100,000,000 more of various beliefs who are also dead wrong and desperately need Christ.
For we did not follow cleverly devised myths when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 2 Peter 1:16
The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork. Day to day pours out speech, and night to night reveals knowledge. There is no speech, nor are there words, whose voice is not heard.Their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. Psalm 19:1-4
In covenantal apologetics there is no clear boundary between apologetics and evangelism. As Scott reiterates throughout his work, apologetics ought to be understood first and foremost as persuasion; persuading men and women of the truth of the Gospel. Covenantal apologetics seeks to take the truth of Scripture as the proper diagnosis of the unbelieving condition and challenges them to make sense of the world they have made, given that it is based on a fundamentally irrational construct. Given any fact or experience it asks the question as to the validity of the presuppositions behind that fact or experience which make it possible.
The Course of Your Life is a framework to help you apply the word of God to
people’s lives prayerfully and intensively. The course seeks to revolutionize
hearts and minds by focusing on who God is, what he has done in Christ, what his
plans are for the world and for us and how that generates a whole new agenda for the course of our lives in making disciples of Jesus. Practically speaking, The Course of Your Life is an
in-depth, topical Bible study designed for small groups of (ideally) 8-10
people, with helpful video input. It covers biblical content in a way that the material applied to the
group can be very flexible to best fit the people you
are trying to ‘encourage’.
A basic fact: In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth.
In the beginning God created the heavens and the
earth. Genesis 1:1
By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so
that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible. Hebrews 11:3
And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. Colossians 1:17
Creation was a succession of monumental, supernatural creative miracles by God;
out of nothing other than Himself. Science cannot contribute anything to our
understanding of creation since there were no observers, and by definition
science can say nothing about the supernatural. Creation cannot
be verified by any naturalistic methodologies since creation did not come
about by any known naturalistic processes and cannot be reproduced or
duplicated in any way. God has given us His record of creation in the
Scriptures. Jesus, Himself quoted from the Genesis account of creation.
We either believe what the Bible clearly says about creation or we
don't. Science can confirm or deny that simple fact. (John MacArthur paraphrase)
We hold: creatio ex Deo, ex nihilo. Creation was
by God—from God's essential being alone. Meaning, from nothing external to God
(out of nothing else other than Himself) He created the heavens and the earth and all that is in them in 6 literal days less than 10,000 years ago.
Christ now holds all of creation together by His mighty power. Not the Higgs boson (God particle.)
academic setting of UC Davis, atheist ACLU attorney
Eddie Tabash would debate Dr. Greg Bahnsen. But, rather than merely presenting all the various scientific
and historical evidences for God, Dr. Bahnsen methodically showed that the
Christian God must be presupposed in order to make sense of anything
whatsoever! The things we take for granted such as science, morality, and even
the very laws of logic used in such debates, only make sense in the Christian
worldview with the biblical God at its foundation.
had “pulled out the rug” from under his opponent, demonstrating that only
Christian theism could make sense of the debate itself. Mr. Tabash was unable
to answer Greg's powerful arguments, and his own arguments for atheism were
systematically demolished by Dr. Bahnsen’s keen intellect. With appropriate
gentleness and respect, Greg had rationally destroyed the position of his
opponent. Christianity had unequivocally triumphed over atheism. And the
audience knew it. They chuckled at Dr. Bahnsen’s frequent use of humorous and
memorable analogies, and at his quick and clear answers to Mr. Tabash's
first listened to this debate, I was truly amazed at Greg’s arguments and
responses; they were both brilliant and thoroughly biblical. I said to myself, “This
man thinks and argues like Christ.” Indeed,
the brilliant responses that Christ in His ministry gave to His critics are
echoed in Dr. Greg L. Bahnsen. Dr. Jason Lisle
Basic facts: Evil exists and is evil. God exists and is good. God is sovereign.
- God has a good and moral reason for everything He does or permits, including the yet undisclosed reason for the temporary existence of evil.
- God did not create evil. He permits it to exist for His glory. All that He creates or ordains to occur is for the ultimate good of those who love him.
- A sinful finite creature in rebellion against the infinite Holy God is not qualified to judge whether God has a morally acceptable reason for evil.
- Evil is not something. It has no essence or being. It is the inverse position of God's nature and attributes. Evil is the absence of all that God is.
- Evil is a proof of the existence of the Biblical God. Without the Biblical God in the paradigm, evil would not exist anymore than a one ended stick.
- Evil is not sovereign. It operates solely on the basis of God's good pleasure, within the limits of his sovereignty, to accomplish his divine purpose.
- Evil is not eternal, but time bound. It is a temporary straw-man that God will destroy forever in His good time when it has served His divine purpose.
- Without the presence of evil, God's glory best seen in His grace, mercy, and unconditional love would have been locked away in His person forever.
- The paradoxical coexistence of good and evil does not constitute a valid argument against the existence of God. They are antithetical, yet, compatible.
- At the cross good and evil are seen for what they are. We are seen for who we are. And God in Christ is seen reconciling the world back to Himself.
- Evil began with Lucifer, God's highest creation choosing to exalt himself above his Creator. Choosing to honor and serve himself above God.
- The chief end of man is to love God and enjoy Him forever. The chief end of life is holiness (loving and obeying God) which overcomes evil with good.
- Evil is evil. It is a sin to call evil good. But, when God ordains evil to occur, it is good that it occurs for the fulfillment of His divine purpose.
- One day very soon, as the sun will be no more, evil will be no more. God will destroy evil forever in His good time when it has served His purpose.